Volunteer program managers are critical in ensuring volunteer programs run smoothly.
With increasing regulatory and legal requirements being placed on organisations, the role of the volunteer manager or coordinator is becoming increasingly important.
NVSA acknowledges this and has developed a professional development package involving training and mentoring programs. This package is continually developing and being added to.
The addition of a new program the ‘Professional Development Year” is an exciting addtion to our manager training. Leading to the Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management, the PD Year is…. well…. very cool!The Program won the Adult Learners Program of the Year for 2013.
With the advent of new qualifications in 2015 and the addition of the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management to our RTO scope. The package is getting better and better
We are now ready for 2016 enrollments.
There is no requirement for volunteer managers to be paid employees to participate in our training.
- One off training sessions covering a wide range of topics suitable for the introductory level such as ‘Recruiting Volunteers’, to more advanced topics such as ‘Professional Reflection’.
- The 4 day Summer School provides an excellent introduction to volunteer program management. Conducted in a highly interactive way, the Summer School stretches the thinking, AND, gives you lots of idea and techniques.
- Volunteer Manager Mentoring program. A formal program designed to be time limited and goal focused matching experienced practitioners with managers wanting assistance.
- As funding permits, NVSA is able to offer an accredited Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management (specialising in volunteer management).
- Forums featuring international standard speakers and trainers are offered each year.
- Fireside chats are opportunity to get together with peers and participate in high level discussions around key topics of interest, usually with an expert in the field.
Professional Development package for Volunteer Program Managers : contact us for your copy